Sunday 1 March 2015

February summary


Does anybody know the result (and fate) of this painting? Please let us know!

Second full month of the blog, time for a short roundup. A pity is that of many of the paintings I highlighted, I haven't been able to find the eventual result. The others I thought were underestimated usually exceeded their estimation, e.g. this one was set for 200 Euro and sold for 1,600 Euro, while this one started at 400 Euro but was sold for 1,600 Euro as well. But for what was to me the most interesting painting of the month, a Veronese copy(?) for sale here, I couldn't find the result, just like for many others. If anyone else finds results I missed, please let me know!

From 92 pageviews in January, it went to 244 pageviews in February, or from 3 to 8 pageviews a day. Of course, with much more pages to view as well... Visitors, apart from a lot of them (or a few fanatical ones, thanks!) from France, came from some new countries, including Italy, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands and the Philippines. Most popular, thanks to the enticing title probably, was "Was the Mytens "Magdalen" an inspiration for Caravaggio?" with 12 pageviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment