Thursday 2 July 2015

May and June summary

May and June showed a steady rise in visitors compared to April: from 408 pageviews in April over 515 in May to 709 in June, breaking the previous record of March. The 2000th pageview happened on June 2nd. I also passed the 200 and 250 posts milestone.

Visitors have come now from 35 different countries, including 13 new ones: Argentina, Belarus, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Maroc, Russia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates

I placed 5 bids on auctions, winning two items, both somewhat disappointing; a follower of Ruisdael and a manner of Cranach, which I first hoped to be closer to the real thing. A nice painting, but not as old as I hoped. I'll sell them in the autumn, and let you know more about them at that time, if appropriate.

My second most popular post (by pageview, which doesn't catch everything) is with 20 views a post about a copy after Rubens: not really my most remarkable post, so probably some coincidence. But my June posting about a possible Simon Marmion Burgundian portrait reached a nice 34 views, partly because my tweet about it was favoured and retweeted by the auction house.

Which reminds me: I started to Tweet, you can find me at https://twitter.com/auctionaugur!

The blog will be mostly quiet in July, with my holidays on the one handand a lack of interesting auctions on the other. I guess it will pick up again in August, with the announcements of the first September auctions. Enjoy the summer (or if you are in the Southern hemisphere, enjoy winter)!

No comments:

Post a Comment